If you are familiar with dulong fish, you know those itty bitty fish that are cooked ala Fish Nuggets or coked in clear sour broth, then you are in for an unusual but easy to make recipe: Dulong in Olive Oil:
Photo taken during the cooking lessons conducted by Chef Myra Segismundo at The Maya Kitchen Culinary Center. I also did this at home but forgot to take photos.
DULONG IN OLIVE OIL
½ kl Fresh dulong, washed and drained
1 head Garlic, peeled
½ cup Olive oil
Juice of two lemons
2 pcs. Bird’s eye chillies (siling labuyo), optional
Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a pan, pour olive oil and simmer over low heat.
- Add garlic and poach until soft and tender.
- Add dulong, lemon juice, bird’s eye chilies, and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until dulong is cooked . Do not stir.
- Serve warm with melba toasts or crackers.