Rainy days are back and so having warm soup to ward off that bit of cold is a must. Instead of cooking those prepacked noodles with salty seasoning, why not cook ramen instead?
For this easy to prep ramen, I used the following:
- 4 cups of water to boil
- 1 small pack of veggie nuggets, each nugget cut in half
- 2 bunches of pho noodles
- yellow curry paste (you can opt to use other soup pastes like laksa, red or green curry)
- 4 eggs
- roasted pork belly
- Boil the water.
- While the water is boiling, put the paste (depending on how much your taste buds can take).
- When the curry paste is incorporated with the water, put the veggie nuggets.
- When the veggie nuggets are cooked or has doubled in size, put the pho noodles and boil for a few minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat.
For the eggs:
- In a separate pan, boil or steam the eggs.
- I steamed for 10 minutes and removed the eggs and put these in a container with cold water.
- When the eggs are cool enough to hold, roll on flat surface to be able to remove the eggshell easily.
- Cut the eggs using egg topper. You can also use a knife if you do not have these.
Arrange the ramen in a bowl. Top with sliced egg and roasted pork belly (optional). Add strips of roasted seaweed sheets for added taste.
You can add other food items to the ramen.