Baked Garlicky Chicken
When one is pressed for time to make an easy to prep lunch or dinner, baked chicken is the way to go. For me, at least, this is the fastest way to fix dinner without the temptation to buy pizza or fried chicken on my way home and without peeling and cutting other ingredients needed for the dish.
•4 pcs quarter cut chicken (remove the white slimy fat parts under the skin and around the chicken)
•1T olive oil on baking dish
1. Preheat oven while cleaning pr prepping the chicken
2. Put the oil on the baking dish
3. Brush a little of the oil around the chicken
4. Sprinkle garlic powder on the chicken, especially under the chicken skin. How much? It depends in what garlic powder you are using. I sprinkled a bit generously.
5. Bake for 30-45mins.
6. Meanwhile, put on the rice cooker and cook the rice. OR steam potatoes for mashed potatoes to go with the baked chicken.
7. Serve warm.
The chicken was tasty enough though I added a little salt on it. The baked chicken does not look that good on photo but…it was crunchy and tasty. The chicken meat was soft and has a fall off the bone quality. One of the kids said it tastes like the chicken restaurant that is one of our favorites.
Prep time started at 6pm. I had the chance to watch one episode of a fave tv series (42 minutes) while the kids were resting and after that we had dinner around 7pm. Hurray for no classes today.