We love Bangus Back Fillet, that part of the milkfish sliced as fillet. It is fleshy, tasty and boneless. It is a flexible dish that can be cooked in different ways and one of it is by frying.
•Bangus Back Fillet cut in half
•a little cooking oil, soy sauce and/or oyster sauce (these will depend on the pan you are using and how many fillets you will cook. I use approximately a T of each for 3 full fillets or 6 half fillets)
•ground pepper and garlic powder
•1t Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- Heat the oil and soy sauce on a pan.
- Add the bangus back fillet with the skin sticking on the pan. Fry for a minute or two. Or 3.
- Add the oyster sauce while frying.
- Turn the fillet around when the underside has been cooked through.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar. You can opt to cover the pan.
- Turn the fillet around and dash with ground black pepper and garlic powder.
- Serve warm.
You can opt to add roasted garlic bits or onion rings fried with the fillet.