We love mussels. We also love pasta. So it’s just natural that these two would go together in a pasta we love: Seafood Pasta
This pasta is easy to make.
Half a kilo of mussels (cook in water with a little salt, with the “dirty” foam removed)
Pasta cooked according to instruction (around 400g which by the way I cooked using the water i used to boil the mussels)
Bread crumbs (half a cup)
Minced garlic (depends on how much garlic you like)
3T olive oil
McCormick Italian seasoning
1. Boil the mussels in water with a little salt. Remove the foam that will form.
2. Remove the mussels and let cool.
3. Using the water with which you boiled the mussels, cook the pasta according to package instruction. While pasta is cooking, remove the mussels from its shell.
4. Drain the pasta when cooked but save the boiled mussel-flavored water.
5. In the same pan, heat the olive ol and heat the garlic a bit.
6. Add the bread crumbs to the garlic.
7. Add a little of that water you used to boil the mussels and pasta. About 1/4 cup.
8. Add the shelled mussels. Add Italian seasoning and a little salt. (Or like me, I skipped the salt and added 2T oyster sauce)
9. Add the cooked pasta and toss till the pasta strands are coated with the sauce.
10. serve warm.
Our seafood pasta was served with toasted bread and creamy garlic pesto dip which by the way, you can order if you like.
Do send me a message, a comment or go to my Facebook page if interested.