Baked Black Bean Burgers. Yum.
I didn’t tell the children how I made the burgers until they had their first three bites.
They said it didn’t taste like beans.
This is very easy to prepare.
Two cups of black beans, cooked until soft enough to mash with a fork (or if you have a food processor, lucky you)
*Spices: (salt and ) pepper, McCormick Italian seasoning, Paprika
*Flavorings: a few T of Oyster Sauce and Hickory BBQ sauce
- Cook the beans until tender. You can probably put half of the spices while the beans are cooking.
- Mash the beans with a fork or use a food processor to mash these beans.
- Put the flavoring and spices.
- Scoop the mashed beans using ice cream scoop and put on baking dish with baking paper on it.
- Flatten the scooped beans and bake for 15-20 minutes or until it looks a bit crispy.
- Scoop the remaining beans and freeze to be baked for the next day.
- Serve however which way you like your baked black beans to be served.
I had mine with caramelized onions, cheese and avocado slices to act as mayonnaise. Too bad I didn’t have burger buns when we had this.
* NOTE: You can use other spices and flavorings you want as long as the beans will taste and smell like burgers, then try these out.