Since I still have those homemade cookie butter that will go stale after a week or so from the day I made these, I decided to give this recipe I got from Pinterest a try which I named: Cookie Butter Pretzel Squares
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed wafer (I used the local Nissin Monde butter flavor wafer, around half of the contents of the pack)
- 1/2 of a bar of salted butter (room temp)
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Pretzel ( I used Rold Gold)
- 3/4 of the contents of condensed milk can (I used JollyCow which I got for free from fresh milk we bought)
- 100ml homemade cookie butter
I did not put chocolate chips anymore. I also used salted butter to counter the sweetness though the pretzels were salted it may not be enough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush the wafer using food processor.
- In a bowl, mix the crushed wafer and butter. I also added half a cup of crushed grahams.
- Put on a square baking pan (13 x 9 or in my case an 8 x 8 pan) that has been sprayed with cooking spray. if you don’t have that, use a little butter on the pan. If that feels like having too much butter to you, use a baking paper, which makes it easier for the whole thing to be lifted off the pan for cutting later on. Pat the mixture evenly.
- Spread the crushed pretzels on the wafer and butter mixture.
- In the same bowl you used, mix together the cookie butter and condensed milk. You can use the whole can which is what is called for in the recipe
- Pour the mixed cookie butter and condensed milk over the pretzels.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- Completely cool the baked goods before cutting.
Oh so yummy! The sweetness and a bit of saltiness can be tasted in it.