If you love chips, then you probably think if it is not possible to have chips as snacks without feeling guilty. Guilty of what? Guilty of having too much salt in your system, guilty of too much MSG running in your system and guilty of munching on crunchies that do not provide any nutritional value.
But wait… do you know that you CAN snack on Soyami chips without the guilt?
Here are the Soyami Chips White Cheddar and Original flavors. The Pizza flavor didn’t make it to the pictorial because this was consumed before photo was taken.
Here are the health benefits of Soyami Chips:
- Soyami Chips are made with real soya. Soya is high in protein and fiber and low in saturated fat. Soya is also cholesterol and lactose-free and a good source of omega-3.
- Soyami Chips have no MSG. MSG triggers food allergies and illnesses and you don’t want to eat food with that, right?
- Soyami Chips are high in protein and calcium. Proteins help in the repair of body tissues, provides much-needed energy and maintains healthy muscles while calcium helps keep our bones and teeth strong.
- Soyami Chips have 0, yes, ZERO transfat.
I can now tell my kids: “EAT YOR CHIPS!”
Below is a “heavy” snack I prepared for the children when they had a half-day schedule in school. When they have half-day schedules, I usually prepare something like this because I am not sure what time they will come be able to reach home. They usually still eat lunch when they get home.
What you need:
- thinly sliced chicken breast fillet (not the strips) which can yield three almost thin slices, seasoned with a little ground pepper (or you can skip this seasoning)
- sliced cheese, not the quickmelt type because these will “run” while baking
- for coating the rolls: crushed Soyami white cheddar chips, panko, grated cheese and (McCormick) Italian Seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
I used Soyami White Cheddar chips for this recipe because of its flavor. The crunch and texture will also bring excitement to the baked chicken dish and the children had a laugh when I told them to: “Eat your chips!”
Soyami White Cheddar chips
For the coating of the cheesy chicken-wrapped cheese rolls: mix together crushed Soyami white cheddar chips, grated cheese, panko, and Italian Seasoning. No need to add salt because the cheese and the seasoning will give the chicken the flavors it need.
Prepare the thinly-sliced chicken fillet by patting these dry before putting a little ground black pepper (or you can skip this altogether).
Position the sliced cheese on the thinly sliced chicken breast fillet and roll like below:
After rolling, dip in the beaten egg. Cover with the prepared coating.
Grease your baking pan with olive oil before putting the cheesy chicken-wrapped cheese rolls to avoid having these stick on the pan. Or you can use wax paper instead but you can’t scrape off melted cheese when you use this unlike using the pan itself.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Serve with your favorite pasta. I used pasta with white sauce so that the pasta tastes simple and the flavors of the cheesy chicken-wrapped cheese rolls are not over powered by the pasta.
The kids are asking if they can have this for school again. I said “yes” of course.
I think these can be prepped at night and chilled so that these can be baked for the school lunchboxes the next day.
Here is another recipe, Sneaky Tuna Nuggets cooked with Soyami Chips.
Follow Soyami on Twitter
Follow Soyami on Facebook.